Re: leak.. (es1370 driver)

Jeff Lightfoot (jeffml@pobox.com)
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:35:52 +0900

Michael L. Galbraith wrote:
> Could you please add your configuration to this with a blurb concerning
> what you've done to confirm that the es1370 driver triggers this to refresh
> peoples memories?

very stripped kernel config. Verified on Redhat 5.0/1. Only extra items are
sound support and es1370.

This is using kernels since es1370 was added.

Every usage of sound will drop at least 64K.

> meminfo before/after from the same run. Here, I noticed that you
> had a dma timeout. Does this happen a lot?.. it might be a clue.

This is the first I noticed it. The Mem-info you posted was from awhile
ago, so I can't narrow that dma timeout down, but it hasn't reared its head
since. (Still have the leak though)

Could others who use the es1370 driver help me out and see if they notice
the memory leak also?

--
jeffml @                                         Jeff Lightfoot
pobox.com                                  http://thefoots.com/