Re: blurb :)

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:09:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Leon Breedt wrote:

> I have been using linux for the past year and a half, partly because I
> couldn't afford buying an OS at the time, - highschool student budget -
> but I've been truly converted. Linux kicks the hell out of any commercial

Good to have another convert...

> alternative, when it comes to stability and power...Not to mention the
> fact that bugs and fixes are very quickly available and don't come in
> 18MB+ "Service Packs" :).

What, you mean you _paid_ for service pack '98?

> kernel hackers have :). What would be nice is if there were people
> willing to donate books on C to us broke people...*hint hint* <g>

I bought some old C books once. One for $3 and one for $5.
The cheap one was for PC C, but the other one actually
mentioned POSIX :) It worked great and now I'm one of the
core VM guys...

It doesn't have to be that expensive to get a nice C book,
just get a cheap one and pick yourself some piece of kernel
or userland code to use instead of book-provided example
code. Learning on something new is more fun as well :)

succes,

Rik.