Re: IDE CD-ROM error? (Re: 2.1.122 Bugs)

Erik Andersen (andersen@inconnect.com)
17 Sep 1998 15:09:54 -0400

[-------snip------]
> > -If you compile IDE CD-ROM support into the kernel, it doesn't appear to
> > work, I get a "/dev/cdrom does not appear to
> > be a block device, try insmod module?" If I compile it as a module it
> > works fine.
> > That's all for now =))
>
> Explain in detail what is not happening, since Erik A. and I are
> interested.
>
> Erik, have you observed this problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Andre

Hmm. I almost never compile cdrom support into the kernel, so I don't know.
I give it a shot and see if I can duplicate the problem.

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org