Re: Porting Microsoft C to Linux

Lance Dillon (riffraff@tampabay.rr.com)
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 07:20:12 -0400

Alan Cox wrote:

> > _bios_timeofday(_TIME_GETCLOCK, &timeout);
> >
> > I have tried replacing it with gettimeofday() but I am not sure what
> > TIME_GETCLOCK does so I don't know if I am doing the right thing.
>
> You need to understand what the code is trying to do
>
> My guess is its timer stuff if so you probably want
>
> timeout = jiffies + someoffset;
>
> while(time_before(jiffies, timeout))
> {
> things_occur
> }

actually, according to my microsoft c bible (part of a contract position
i was working on some years ago), _bios_timeofday: Read and set current
clock setting (also, access the real-time clock in at, xt, and ps/2),
which is just int 1a...if you look up int 1a, you should find out
exactly what it does...

--
Lance Dillon
Network Administrator