Re: 2.1.122 parport broken?

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:27:36 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Philip Blundell wrote:

> In message <x88iuigjqin.fsf@nbeckerpc.hns.com>, nbecker@fred.net writes:
> >In 2.1.122, I have enabled the plugnpray IEEE support. This used to
> >work (I'm afraid I haven't used it for a while, so I'm not sure how
> >far back it last worked).
> >
> >Now when parport_probe runs it reports finding no response.
> >/proc/parport shows no devices.
>
> Strange, I don't think this code has changed recently.

It's only changed by a few lines since 2.1.70. Has it worked since then
(beginning of December)?

In 2.1.110 I got parport_probe to fill in a data structure properly for
/proc/parport/.../autoprobe. The modified code doesn't get executed until
after the probe is complete though.

Have you changed your BIOS setting for the parallel port mode recently?

Tim.
*/