Re: Interesting scheduling times

yodaiken@chelm.cs.nmt.edu
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:41:06 -0600

On Sat, Sep 19, 1998 at 07:47:28AM +1000, Richard Gooch wrote:
> I'd agree with you if the heavily loaded system was just doing
> bog-standard time sharing. My concern is that if you are also trying
> to control an instrument at the same time, the schedule/wakeup times
> of the RT processes doesn't suffer because of the long run queue.

The correct solution is RT-Linux or some variation,
not mucking up the Linux interactive scheduler.

Victor Yodaiken
Department of Computer Science
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Socorro NM 87801
Homepage http://www.cs.nmt.edu/~yodaiken
PowerPC Linux page http://linuxppc.cs.nmt.edu
Real-Time Page http://rtlinux.org