Re: isdn performance problem in 2.1[19]-[22]

Richard Schiffelers (ricrjhl@xs4all.nl)
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:23:21 +0200

At 11:58 24-9-98 +0200 Markus Brischke wrote:
>I noticed that the throughput of my isdn is really bad with 2.1
>beginning with 1 kb/s and 5 sec later 400 b/s. I am using a teles hisax 16.3
>Card. First i thought that it could be a problem of my provider
>, so i testet the same things with my stable 2.0.33 kernel and got
>ca. 8kb/s. I am using predictor compression. My pppd 2.3pl3.
>
>I tested this on different days at different times.
>
>Does anybody notice same problems?

Yep, same problems. Also using Teles card. I noticed the slowdown in speed
when i started to run 2.1.122 (didn't run any earlyer 2.1 version together
with ISDN). I decided to check out what was going on with IPTraf. It showed
that on de ippp0 interface around 50% of all packets had a wrong checksum
(and wich are therefore resend). I then switched back to 2.0.35 and again
checked with IPTraf. No problem and no bad packets. So it seems 2.1 is not
100%. Ok, that probably why is it experimental *8^>

>Does anybody have a hint how to fix it.

Sorry, not a real kernel guru. I'm sticking with 2.0.35 for the moment.

Richard Schiffelers (ricrjhl@xs4all.nl)