Re: Flood ping

Samuli Kaski (samkaski@cs.helsinki.fi)
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:23:28 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Matti Aarnio wrote:

> Or rather, not all devices add to rx_bytes field of the
> 'ethernet stats' structure. While Tulip does, 3c59x does not.

Hmm, maybe this would be an appropriate moment to remind people that the
tulip driver in the stock 2.1 (at least .119) kernel still reports
statistics incorrectly for my tulip where the one from D. Becker's site
doesn't. It has something to do with the media detection (the tulip is
directly connected to a idsl modem via a crossover cable). More details
available on request.

--
Samuli Kaski, samkaski@cs.helsinki.fi
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Finland.