Re: help w/ SPARC stuff

Mike Wangsmo (wanger@redhat.com)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:32:18 -0400

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:17:30 -0700 (PDT), Linus Torvalds wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Mike Wangsmo wrote:
>> >
>> >No, I want Linus to be pressured to put these changes in.
>
>Putting "pressure" on me is just the wrong thing to do. It makes my just
>hate you guys even more. Don't go that way, you'll just find me even
>harder to work with.

Um, just so things don't seem as misquoted as they look, Dave wrote
that "pressure" line, not me. :)

>> Ok, so I ask again (and why the hell are you up this early also?), what is
>> Linus' reason for not applying the patches?
>
>Linu's reason for not applying the patches is that I get this frigging big
>patch with no explanations of what it does.

Ok, what needs to be done and by whom? I know _nothing_ about the
patch(s) in question. I just know that we need to iron out these
details so that when the time for 2.2.x is here, the unification of
kernel source is in place. I'm willing to commit Red Hat resources
(such as they might help) to get this unification process underway, I
just need to know what/who to talk to. :)

Ok, I think it is now a matter of having Dave break things up into nice
little parts and document each. Is that correct and also, will the
several patches in question be all that is required to sync everything
into one source tree?

Mike