RE: Diamond Monster 3D PCI problems

Michael Dale Long (mlong@long.dyn.ml.org)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:55:17 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Hm. I have the same card, and it works under 2.1.12x without problem. It
> looks to me like there's some problems with your PCI BIOS. How have you

That wouldn't particularly surprise me. Not that I've had any trouble
with it before, but it's a 3 year old motherboard with what the kernel
says is a 2.00 PCI BIOS.

> configured your kernel to read the PCI info? Have you tried setting it to go
> straight to the chipset (CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT)?

CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT? Is that a config option? I couldn't find any
reference to it in the config script, the documentation or the pci.c code.
(I checked both the 2.0 or 2.1 kernel trees)

> : ixodes:ttyp4; cat /proc/pci
> PCI devices found:
> [...]
> Bus 0, device 10, function 0:
> Multimedia video controller: 3Dfx Voodoo (rev 2).
> Fast devsel. Fast back-to-back capable.
> Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe4000000 [0xe4000008].

Looks exactly like mine except for the address :\