[OT] mail2news, etc (was Re: Linus is on a powertrip..)

Michael D. Ivey (ivey@realminfo.com)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:45:51 -0400

On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 09:50:30AM -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
> easy. It would be possible, I suppose, for a sophisticated program to
> examine the quoting in each mailing list message and figure out what
> each is a response to, and syntehsis references information that way, but
> I don't know if any of the mail --> news software is that smart.

mutt threads mail quite nicely, without dealing with news. usually,
the reply-to: header is enough, or it can do pseudo-threads based on
the subject: line.

/mdi

--
Michael D. Ivey  -  Director of Emerging Technologies
ivey@realminfo.com    http://www.realminfo.com/~ivey/