Re: How do I fix the problem with rvplayer?

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:26:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Sang Woo Kang wrote:

> I must say that the only drawback that I have with 2.1.123 and some
> recent versions is the rvplayer. Is using 2.1.119 the only solution
> to run realplayer or is there any patch available?

There is a new version of RealPlayer scheduled for the
end of september (ie. now).

I guess the fact that they haven't got it out yet is that
they're adjusting it to work with recent kernels (they got
some mails from various kernel folks -- including me).

Real is aware of the problem with the newer Linux kernels
and is probably fixing the player.

And no, the bug is not with Linux. There _was_ a bug in
Linux and realplayer depended on it. Now the bug in
Linux is fixed, realplayer can have it fixed too.

And yes, I'm checking their download page on an almost
daily basis -- it is just so cool to check out new CDs
what aren't out in Europe yet... Even if you only get
the first 30 seconds of 4 of the songs :)

Rik.