Re: isdn performance problem in 2.1[19]-[22]

Henner Eisen (eis@baty.hanse.de)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 00:33:42 +0200

> A bit early to tell, because it sometimes takes our router a
> week to develop problems, but given that my initial diagnosis
> was "something's forgetting to kick a bottom-half somewhere",
> I'd be willing to bet that the problem doesn't recur with this
> patch in place.

> Could this be a candidate for 2.1.124, perhaps (ignoring the
> tbusy debate for the moment)?

I've already reviewed isdn_net.c (and partially isdn_ppp.c) with respect
to the tbusy debate. Isdn did not abuse tbusy for internal locking, but
in certain circumstances could fail to mark NET_BH after clearing the
tbusy flag. I also have a patch against the current i4l cvs version
(won't patch cleanly against stock kernel linux) running right now
that cleans up the tbusy handling inside isdn by implementing the
conclusions of the tbusy debate (including Andi Kleen's wrapper function).
If somebody is interested to test this, please let me know.

Henner