Re: Building Big Ass Linux Machine, what are the limits?

Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 08:01:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998 linux-kernel@progressive-comp.com wrote:

> This brings up the question, "Anyone know of a good source for affordable
> nvram-on-a-PCI-card type hardware, with whatever logic/drivers needed so
> Linux can see, like, and use it?"

A battery backed ssd should be sufficient you can get quantum rushmores
out to 1.6gb or so at this point...

> Hank Leininger <hlein@progressive-comp.com>
> And don't tell me that xyz SCSI RAID controller has nvram ;)
>
> -

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E