Re: aic7xxx testers needed

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 19:22:38 -0500

Richard Kaszeta wrote:

> Finn Arne Gangstad writes ("Re: aic7xxx testers needed"):
> >It fails consistently here on Intel R440LX server motherboards with built
> >in 7880 chips and seagate cheetah disks (all the 5.1.0-pre drivers have
> >had some problems on these I think), I only have this configuration on
> >production systems here so I cannot test new drivers very often.
>
> I see similar results on my system. Pre13 works flawlessly on my asus
> p2b motherboard with a seagate Barracuda 34573LW Ultra2 LVD drive. If
> I hook up a Barracuda 34572W Ultra/SE drive instead (or along with the
> Ultra2 drive), I get a "Parity error during Data-In Phase" error.
> This drive works perfectly with the stock 2.0.35 kernel aic7xxx driver.

Do two things for me. Make sure you have the latest BIOS for that Asus MB,
and get the pre15 driver. If those two don't fix it, then also try messing
with the new options aic7xxx=stpwlev and aic7xxx=term_override as documented
in the README.aic7xxx file.

OK...that's all of my email for now. To others out there, I'm leaving in
about 5 minutes and will be gone for several days, so I'm letting this pre15
driver cook a while as I'm gone. I'll talk to people after I get back.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net> Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.