Re: Linus is on a powertrip..

Tim Smith (tzs@tzs.net)
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 23:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Larry McVoy wrote:
> : But what's is the _real_ choice for the near future ?
>
> http://www.bitmover.com/bitkeeper
>
> I'm in a race with Linus to see if he gets to 2.2 before bitkeeper
> is ready. We'll see, but I'm trying.

Will bitkeeper be a problem for companies like Red Hat? The proposed
licensing terms seem to suffer from the same problem Red Hat sees with
Qt, which they give as their reason for not including KDE. I'm not sure
it would be a good idea for a tool to become an essential part of kernel
development if the current number one Linux distribution will not include
it.

--Tim Smith