Re: bitkeeper

Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 22:14:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Edward S. Marshall wrote:
[snip]
> That, frankly, isn't the point. See http://www.opensource.org/ sometime,
> and see what the point Raul is trying to make is by not using something
> with a psuedo-free license is (much the same reason why many people won't
> use Qt).

Ok I'm gonna ask..

I can see the point about Qt since you need it to build kde, but what is
wrong with using development utils that are non free? If the license over
affects us we can simply stop using it can't we? It's not like anything
would require it to run.

Gerhard

PS I don't care either way just want that point clarified so I can make an
informed decision minus the rhetoric.

--
Gerhard Mack
irc-admin skyline.starchat.net

gmack@imag.net
InnerFIRE@starchat.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.