Re: NCR53C8XX 3.0g fixes.

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:57:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Gerard Roudier wrote:

> This attached patch against 2.1.123 is sort of smallest possible patch
> that contains all known fixes (4) against ncr53c8xx driver version 3.0g.

Gerard, et al,

I applied this patch to 124pre-2 and built a kernel for my problem Alpha
UDB box. Much better! Rather than blowing up with incessant 'time out'
messages (with power-down the only recovery option), it intermittantly
spits out a slew of them and bounces back for more.

Interestingly, I had these occur even with the 2.0f driver retrofitted
into 124p2. There must have been a change somewhere to aggravate the
problem.

In sum, I have a working Alpha kernel with 3.0i, but it'd be nice to find
out why the time-outs are occuring.

This is the first 2.1.x kernel with 3.x ncr driver that can survive
through two consecutive kernel builds!

Steve