Re: [patch] Re: oops in __release_sock() [2.0.35]

Michael L. Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:40:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> I think that the problem is a destroy_sock() done at a wrong time.

[snip snip snip]

> This patch seems at least safe to me (but I don' t understand at all the
> TCP code to be sure this is the right patch, and now it' s a bit late
> so I can be wrong...).

[patch snipped]

Your fix appears to be a good one. Laptop has been steadily pounding [1]
my server for 12 hours now with no hiccups. The previous record was 6
hours, and then only if a heavy duty disk job was running on the server.
Without the disk job (as the test is now running) it never lasted longer
than 1.5 hours.

-Mike

[1] being pounded _upon_ by the server is actually more correct.