RE: need filetype field in directory entries

Justin Randall (logic@ionstorm.com)
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 09:49:23 -0500

perhaps a standard DB (living in /etc or /usr/local/lib) ala MIME would
address that problem without requiring the kernel to support a new FS
--then it can work accross NFS, EXT2, VFAT, FAT32, etc...

Justin "Logic" Randall
Programmer, Networking
Ion Storm
214-953-0101 x205