Re: Alladin IDE (Re: Hope for UDMA on Alladin simplex IDE?)

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 07:27:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:

>There is a project in the works for supporting this chipset;
>however, it is still a thought pattern. With access to the data sheets
>to date, the "SIMPLEX" problem is workable in principle.
>
>An honest answer is that it most likely will not make 2.2.0 release.
>I have yet to hear back from the pointman of the project, but I have
>not been avaliable lately either.
>
>I may be able to get access to one of these MB's, but not yet...

I have the Aladdin chipset datasheets if anyone wants them. Just
email me privately, and they're yours. I have an Aladdin
chipset, and I can't use UDMA so I'm more than happy to help out
in any way I can.

If you know anyone else who might be interested, feel free to
forward this message to them as well.

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net