Re: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 11:51:48 +0200 (MEST)

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I still haven't decided on whether I'll make the same kind of "pre-2.2"
> that I did before the 2.0 release, but there are strong psychological
> reasons to do so to get people to more actively test it out with a "this
> really should be stable" mindset.

Linus, I personally dislike the pre-xxx stuff.

I'd increase the version to 2.1.900 meaning it's almost finished, if
it weren't stored in a byte here and there.

So may I propose 2.1.190 ? (which gives us 10 versions before 200,
which we can silently pass if the need arises.)

I have a specialix driver update in a week or so. It needs to pass
some form of testing besides my desk here before being released......

Roger.

--
| Most people would die sooner than think....  |    R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl
| in fact, most do.  -- Bertrand Russsell      |     phone: +31-15-2137555
We write Linux device drivers for any device you may have! fax: ..-2138217