Re: Power down not working

Jukka Tainio (jtainio@ratol.fi)
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 15:58:11 +0300 ( )

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Gerhard Mack wrote:

> > Is there some special reason for this? I'm about to get my Tyan 1696DLUA
> > next week and going to run it SMP. I can live without Software Power off
> > -feature, but I must say, that I'm disappointed. ;(
>
> Yes there is the hardware doen't support it.

Allright. Forget the APM. Is there possibility to get the Software Power
off -feature to work via some nice user -level applicationm that would
power off the machine? (Missing my good old NeXTstation...)

> > Anyone willing to do little tweaking? ;)
> >
> hmmm
> I've got a soldering iron if you want to start. ;)

Got one too, but there must be an civiliced way to do this... Even Windows
95 can and NT too with a little patch. ;)