Re: Arm the gnus

Dave Cinege (dcinege@psychosis.com)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:04:04 -0400

Richard Gooch wrote:

> Eric S. Raymond writes:
>
> > I instigated Linus's first shooting expedition in a long while a few
> > months back (I can report that he is a steady, competent shot with a
> > 9mm semi). Standing offer to all linux kernel developers: I'll
> > teach basic defensive pistol technique to anybody who wants to
> > learn.
>
> Eric, I'm aware of your narrow political agenda on the guns
> issue. Your signatures make this plain. However, the linux-kernel list
> is not the place for soliciting shooting training.

Agreed. Not quite techinal enough for the kernel list.
Anyone interested in learning how to make improvised home made C-4 HE?

> Not only is
> linux-kernel a list for technical issues about the linux kernel, it is
> also an international forum, not a U.S.A. forum, so arguments about
> the "constitutional right to bear arms" is utterly irrelevant to many
> on this list.

Since the right to own weapons (a subset of the right to own property)
is a natural right, this has little to do with any so called government
or the bondries it may claim.

> Also, you should be aware that arms control is a sensitive issue for
> many people,

Certainly it is. The people that want to control them all are very upset
that the common man can be put on equal ground as these 'elite'.

> I've noticed a few subsequent posts on this topic, and I fear we're
> about to have a completely tangential flamewar: there are strong
> emotions on both sides of the debate.

There is no debate. There are people that 'get it' (at least to some extent) and
then their are the hopeless idiots.

> Followups to /dev/null.

Flames welcome! My personal hate mail bag from www.psychosis.com has
been dropping off...