Re: [ME TOO] Re: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent - SCSI issues

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:32:06 +0200 (MET DST)

On 11 Oct 1998, david parsons wrote:

> In article <linux.kernel.Pine.LNX.3.95.981011182913.786A-100000@localhost>,
> Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr> wrote:
>
> >But being the low price at which we can buy way faster and reliable SCSI
> >adapters nowadays you may have problems to find a volunteer for
> >maintaining the driver for such an old horse that in real life had gone to
> >the abattoir years ago.
>
> Piffle. I have machines with 1542's in them that _work_ now; if your
> recommendation is that I buy replacement controllers, give me your
> credit card information and I'll make the order today.

I maintain some Linux scsi driver in my free time and bought most of the
hardware I use under Linux. And now I am asking for offering scsi
controllers to a Linux user.
Why not to pay you for using Linux, after all?

Dear comic boy,

This list is for kernel development. You can subscribe and silently read
the articles. But, if you post to this list, then you are assumed to
desire to help linux development.
Your enthousiasm for 1542 controllers makes you an excellent candidate
for maintaining the corresponding driver, or at least trying to fix
it. I am quite sure that people who have docs on this adapter would be
glad to send you them and help you for this work.

Gerard.