Re: Richard Gooch

Stephen Frost (sfrost@ns.snowman.net)
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:22:47 -0400 (EDT)

As best I can tell he sends that auto-reply to the personal email
of anyone who posts a message to the list, or sends him a message directly
with a particular subject line.
Personally I feel this is quite the wrong approach, send it to
/dev/null, but don't just auto-reply to people who aren't even sending to
you dirctly but instead are sending mail to the list. I have been trying
to encourage people to move the large off-topic discussions to appropriate
forums, but I read each and every email I get and try to respond to it
appropriatly, instead of using a generic auto-reply, which really seems
rather rude to me.
I do realize I really should be replying to the specific email
address of people instead of CC'ing the list, and will do so in the
future, and my apologizes to those who didn't care for seeing messages
from me that simply asked others to move the off-topic discussions to
other forums.

Stephen