Re: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent

Lauri Tischler (lauri.tischler@efore.fi)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:25:13 +0300

Olaf Titz wrote:

> Problem is, these people are those who have the power to decide.
> Strategic decisions are always made on entirely non-technical reasons.

Hmmm.. I would say that the decision to use or select particular tool to
achieve a defined goal is a _tactical_ decision.

Defining the goal is strategic decision, like defining a business plan.
How to get there and with what means is tactical question.
At least this is what I keep saying to my boss :)