Re: [patch] Epson Stylus Color 740 & lp irq driven

David Campbell (campbell@torque.net)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 07:15:34 +0800

Date sent: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:23:29 +0200 (CEST)
From: Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@e-mind.com>

> Finally some days ago I bought a new printer (the one in the subject).
> The lp in the stock kernel fail to print in irq mode on it. Today I taken
> the time to understand why.

I think we need to settle on a standard and then declare some printers
broken.

When I lasted modified the lp driver (about 20 months ago, part of the original
parport work) I was left scratching my head as the printers I had access to
did not follow the standard timing diagrams (found in the IO chipset pdf files,
eg NatSemi PC87332).

I thought parallel port hardware was strange!

David Campbell
campbell@torque.net

Current project list:
a) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers
b) Create Linux chipset specific parport drivers
c) Start on ParSCSI drivers

Any assistance to clearing this list most welcome