Re: ide-tape saga (renamed)

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:15:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:

> Mine works perfect, but I am using a Promise Ultra/33 and skipped the
> PIIX3 onboard chipset. NOTE that we are under SMP on a P6DNF PPro
> 166. Note that I had ribbon that was 36 inches long also....... Only
> the UDMA features have a hard limit of less than 20 inches, by tests
> of my own doing.

Yep, it's a sick tape drive I've got here. :o( It can read my old tape
backups but it cannot create any new tape backups anymore :o( I need to
return it to Exabyte for repair.

I'll be resurrecting my old Seagate 800MB Travan-1 floppy tape drive
whilst I send the Exabyte 8GB IDE tape drive off for repair.

Cheers,
Alex

--
 /\_/\  Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
 > ^ <  Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk - *new* - rewritten for text browser users!

Linux tahallah 2.1.125 #49 SMP Fri Oct 9 07:18:02 EDT 1998 Two Intel Pentium Pro processors, 331.78 total bogomips, 32M RAM System library 2.0.97