RE: Strange behaviour of 2.1.125

ciger.jan@slsp.sk
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:26:50 +0200

> ----------

confuses VFAT?
>That it's a module might certainly influence things...

>- Make sure the drive is spinning (perhaps dd(1) or something)

I am pretty sure that drive is spinning because my root partition
is
on it :) and this occurs now and then on boot, sometimes when
mounting by hand. But the partition is readable after mounting,
even when
those strange errors appear.

>- Make sure the module is loaded beforehand (modprobe(8) by
hand)
I am using kmod to autoload the needed modules, thus this may be
not
an issue. I will try to compile vfat into the kernel and test is
so.

Regards,

Jan