Re: 2.1.125 SMP fails production load test, quotas/epic trouble.

Simon Kirby (sim@netnation.com)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:26:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> The dquot allocation isn't allowed to fail, so the stuck processes were waiting
> for dquots to be freed.
>
> You didn't mention what value dquot-max was set to, but my guess is that it's way
> to low for what is probably a very busy server. Try upping the available dquots
> and see if that helps.

I have also had to raise the limit on our webservers here...Is there
anything wrong with setting the initial limit to something like 4096 or
even higher? It only gets allocated when needed, correct? It's also not
something a user is going to be able to abuse...or is it?

Simon-

| Simon Kirby | Systems Administration |
| mailto:sim@netnation.com | NetNation Communications |
| http://www.netnation.com/ | Tech: (604) 684-6892 |