Re: 921Kbps on Linux: is it possible ?!?!

Thomas Davis (tadavis@lbl.gov)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:44:36 -0700

"H. Peter Anvin" wrote:

> *Sigh*... POSIX really blew it when the kept the bloody Bxxxx macros.
> What a hideous hack. It would be so much nicer to treat these numbers
> as *numbers*...

Yup. Then adding, say B4000000, B1152000 and B576000 (these are the FIR
speeds, and I've got a driver that supports them) wouldn't so bad.

Yea, I've had to hack them. Now, my concern is:

How do I get them into the kernel w/out conflicting, or splitting them
(ie, I'd like to see them kept together, since they are related to each
other (special devices, special handler for these speeds)).

And yes, these are NOT interrupt driven speeds; these are DMA based.

Thomas