Re: 921Kbps on Linux: is it possible ?!?!

Linux Lists (lists@cyclades.com)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:18:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Nicholas J. Leon wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Linux Lists wrote:
>
> # 460K _is_ supported, because its declaration (B460800) is already in
> # termbits.h. Just by using setserial (or a custom application), one can set
> # the serial port (that supports this speed) to work at 460.8K. The real
>
> I could not get 460K to work at all, nor 230K. Only 115K seems to work
> correctly. Is there some magic I should be aware of?.

What was the hardware you were trying to get it to work ??
Did the hardware support those speeds ?!?! The regular 16550 does not
support those speeds, so if this is your hardware, you have two options:
upgrade your hardware or use 115.2Kbps max.

Regards,
Ivan Passos