Re: [patch] jiffies wraparound [Re: 2.1.125 Show stopper list: Draft]

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 14:31:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, MOLNAR Ingo wrote:

>the meaning of special timeout values can be preserved if we change the
>meaning of p->timeout to delta, instead of absolute values. (a name change
>is wise to help conversion)

I think that using a bitwise flag (use_timeout) could eventually also
improve performance because when the timeout expire we don' t need to set
to 0 a 64 bit memory area on 64bit arch. I am not 100% sure though ;-).

Andrea Arcangeli