Re: 2.1.126-2-ac1: Local: Corrupted check bytes on input.

Gregory Maxwell (linker@z.ml.org)
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 18:23:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > On the 300a it's a fairly stock RH5.1 computer and the problem only
> > started after I moved from 2.0.35.
>
> So its the 2.0.x end misbehaving. Ok thats useful info in itself. And .34
> was ok ?

No! Eeek! I ment the userspace was stock.. I put a 2.1 kernel on there
(with the approiate system util upgrades).

On 300a:
2.0.34 -> worked (used it long ago)
2.0.35 -> worked (been using it for a long time).
2.1.126-2-ac1 -> dies.

This is my girlfriends computer. Since 2.2 is so close I figured I'd put
2.1 on her computer.. If it dies I'll be sure to know (I can hear it now:
OH NO! It's windows 95 all over again, get me back to how it was before!).

The other computer it happens on it my Dual 166MMX.. Since I compile stuff
with PGCC on it I didn't report the failure (it happens ever other day or
so and often twice in a row) because I havn't had a change to recompile
with gcc 2.7.3...

I feel I should also note that I've got a high load www server at work
(dual 233 PII) thats running 2.1.125-ac2 that slogin works FINE with. (I
think that the slogin problems on my 166mmx started with 2.1.124, I'd do a
search if I could reliably repeat it)..