Re: Kernel Config documentation

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:49:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 tytso@mit.edu wrote:

> Having good documentation will be key for the future success of
> Linux, and I for one will gladly spend time with anyone willing to
> offer technical writing expertise to help improve Linux's
> documentation, and I'd encourage other developers to do the same.

I am already acting as a sort of 'newbie-guide' for
the MM subsystem, the scheduling code and several
other things.

If anyone reading this list is willing so sacrifice
some of their spare time writing documentation and
learning a lot about the innards of the Linux kernel,
I am very much willing to help those persons in any
way I can.

I am also writing some documentation myself, but
because of limited time and a priority with the
code my docs are rather 'terse' :(

Other (all-programming) hackers are also welcome
to send people with questions to me, if you don't
feel like guiding them around yourself. (don't
worry, there's nothing wrong with only wanting
to debug the kernel and code up new features ;)

Rik.