Re: Tiny patch: nice 20 as idle priority

Max (max@Linuz.sns.it)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:26:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:

>As usual, the SCHED_IDLE patch has some problems:
>- if you run more SCHED_IDLE processes, only the first
> one will get any CPU time assigned
>- it is a gross hack (well, the nice +20 part looks nice
> to me, but the other parts don't)
>- it will have continuous recalculation of all process
> priorities
>
>If there is demand for it, I'll create a scheduler
>patch that includes both my stuff, Richard's RT
>stuff and a complete SCHED_IDLE package (complete
>with the nice +20 hack ;).

I hope you noticed that the patch I sent has nothing to do with SCHED_IDLE.
Well, actually it was intended as a *replacement* of the kernel
scheduling policy SCHED_IDLE, as I had a look at it and didn't like it :(

>Rik.

Massimiliano Ghilardi