Re: Documentation for Kernel functions

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:29:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 peter.teoh@db.com wrote:

> Currently there is no reference manual for all the functions implemented
> in the kernel, or the internal structures. Although there exists a few
> commercial books on this topics, but I hope it can be made freely
> available. And there is none that is alphabetically ordered covering all
> the routines implemented.
>
> I would like to undertake this task....can someone comment on this?
> Is it reinventing the wheel?

I don't know about reinventing the wheel, but I am willing
to help you with this task and host the web pages on / with
the Linux-MM site.

If we make the site contain enough documentation and interesting
stuff, we could probably attract some sponsors as well, alleviating
the cash-strapped writers to give up their valuable Linux time in
order to earn that much needed money they need to buy things
like food and stuff ;) But I guess that's still a long way off :(

Rik.