Re: SB and 2.1.126 [NOT THE COMPILE PROBLEM]

Mon, 26 Oct 1998 23:19:18 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Alex Buell wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Mike wrote:
>
> > -#define SOUND_MIXER_OUTSRC 0xfa /* Arg contains a bit for each input source to output */
> > -#define SOUND_MIXER_OUTMASK 0xf9 /* Arg contains a bit for each supported input source to output */
>
> > - sb = acct_file->f_dentry->d_inode->i_sb;
> > + sb = acct_file->f_dentry->f_inode->i_sb;
> > if (!sb->s_op || !sb->s_op->statfs)
> > return;
>
> NO NO NO NO NO!!! This patch is WRONG! WRONG WRONG WRONG. It's the other
> way around!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>
> This is the second wrong patch I've seen sent to the mailing list in the
> last 2 days, hence my reaction.

1) AFAIR, the author said he wasn't sure the patch was right.
2) Most of patches that seem right are in fact wrong.

For these reasons, this patch had every chance to be wrong. Providing a
right patch would have been a lot more relevant than yelling out this way
at the kernel list.

If you have nothing interesting to post, then just donnot post.

Gerard.