Re: Lucent WaveLAN PC Cards? (fwd)

William F. Maton (wmaton@enterprise.ic.gc.ca)
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 05:58:50 -0500 (EST)

FYI, for anyone developing or wanting to include that driner in the
kernel.

wfms

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 02:04:54 -0500 (EST)
From: Brandon Ross <bross@mindspring.net>
To: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Re: Lucent WaveLAN PC Cards?

I attended the Atlanta Linux Showcase last weekend and attended a talk
about 802.11 cards for Linux. I took the liberty of forwarding Brent's
question on to the speaker for that talk and he asked me to forward the
following response back to the list. The web site he references is
http://www.absoval.com

---

In response to Brent Sweeney's question.... There _is_ a driver that has been tested using the Harris PRISM reference design. This is an 802.11 Direct Sequence WLAN card. Two vendors currently using this design are Intalk (http://www.intalk.com) and Bay Networks (be careful with Bay, I think they're still selling older non-802.11 cards too). I haven't had the opportunity to directly test these cards, but the driver _should_ work.

On our website, I'll be posting the latest code, instructions, and some information on compatibility between cards and firmware. Hopefully, that'll be up later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest! Mark