Re: nasty inode leak in 2.1.125? details

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 21:38:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:18:23 +0000 (GMT), Chris Evans
> <chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk> said:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I just found out a way to make filesystems unmountable in 2.1.125, perhaps
> > an inode or dentry leak.
>
> Have you managed to reproduce this? I've just tried exactly what you
> describe, on 2.1.125, and it worked perfectly. Any process which is

Damn!

Would you believe it,I just re-tried the steps I posted, and it won't
reproduce :-(

I managed to get it to "work" twice in a row the other day though so I
must have been doing something subtly different. There was definitely a
leak of some kind - I first noticed this when umount /home failed during
shutdown, and subsequently when playing around got umount /home to fail
manually (and yes, fuser came up with a blank list).

Chris