Re: sparc64 mt race?

Robert Minichino (rmini@joni.pasture.net)
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 00:41:08 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Roger J. Allen" <rja@sis.rpslmc.edu>
> To: Rich Sahlender <rsahlen@voicenet.com>
> cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu, sparclinux@vger.rutgers.edu,
ultralinux@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: Re: sparc64 mt race?

> Maybe the test should be for just my model of Exabyte, or all Exabyte's,
> like the above code. Are there wide Exabyte tape drives that this would
> break? Are all Toshiba cd-rom's buggy, narrow, and asynchronous?

The Exabyte Mammoth drives come in wide flavours, as do their tape libraries; it
may just be your model or firmware revision of Exabyte. We have several here
that work fine, wide, narrow, synchronous under various OSes. You may want to
grab the latest code load tape from Exabyte for the drive.

Robert Minichino
Chief Engineer
Denarius Enterprises, Inc.
http://www.denarius.com/