Re: Volume Managers in Linux

Horst von Brand (vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl)
Wed, 04 Nov 1998 16:54:52 -0300

Gregory Maxwell <linker@z.ml.org> said:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> > What do you do if you would like to give a user 30MB in /home and 100
> > MB for /var/spool/mail ... no way of doing this in a single filesystem
> > with quota.

> True, but that could be fixed in quota.. (that actually would be VERY
> nice).

How? You might have the very same file under /var/mail/luser and
/home/luser/my-mailbox... there just isn't any path from the file up to its
parent(s) now. quota works by recording the space you use on the
filesystem, there you can't get this kind of nastiness.

--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                       mailto:vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl