Re: New DoS via SAK?

RoboHak (RoboHak@protovision.fcn.net)
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 13:16:26 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Alex Buell wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Roger Espel Llima wrote:
>
> > I know that ircII and sirc properly escape untrusted data, so I guess
> > something went wrong between ircII-EPIC and BitchX.
>
> It might be that I have an old version of BitchX (75p1), so I'll try
> upgrading tonight.

The problem wouldn't be with BitchX or EPIC, they both only allow ansi
codes for color changes, bold, underline, reverse, blink, etc. The
problem is either not related at all to your irc client, or maybe a
problem with your xterm interpreting valid ansi codes from the client.

--
RoboHak		RoboHak@protovision.fcn.net | RoboHak@mediaone.net