Re: [OFF TOPIC] Re: An Idea...

Thu, 5 Nov 1998 03:20:48 +0000

On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 03:18:47PM -0800, Paul Duncan wrote:
> Maybe you should be thinking about WINE?

I only have two Windows package that I have to run. Both run in Wine
almost flawlessly, except that one of them has dongle protection which
Wine can't emulate. I do run the other program under Wine quite a lot.

Lucky me, I have another computer running Linux, to which I point my VNC
client, over a point to point ethernet. Full screen of course: I like
the illusion of running Linux on the client to be as complete as
possible :-).

The only downside is that the fast, expensive machine is idle almost all
the time (it runs only the VNC client and occasionally the annoying
dongle protected program).

> What's wrong with using Telnet and Exceed to show off the capabilities of
> Linux?

He doesn't have a second computer.

If he did, I would highly recommend VNC instead of Exceed as it's (a)
free, (b) very good.

-- Jamie