Minor fix for cs4232 in 2.1.127pre7

Oleg Drokin (green@ccssu.crimea.ua)
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 15:04:30 +0300

To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: NTFS write - better forget that.

Hello!

In article <19981106023622.D657@emma1.hrz.uni-dortmund.de> you wrote:
MA> Copying a single file to an NTFS partition (~ 800 MB sized) just killed
MA> my NT installation. I cannot tell any details except the write access
MA> (cp) took up a lot of CPU time and memory and left me with a 0-byte
MA> file (according to ls). I needed to re-install NT into the same
MA> partition. Kernel 2.1.125ac2.
I can confirm almost equal behavior here too (even with newer kernels)
And also when I trying to create directory on NTFS, it's created, but
It does not have '.' and '..' references, NT complains about FS errors,
and NT's scandisk is unable to fix this error, only NDD for NT correct this.

MA> (Back to read-only access ;)
Back to erase NTFS partition here ;)

Bye,
Oleg

--
 [RAVE *SUCKS* TEAM] [Team $Ui(iDE] [Trans-M Must Die!] [Sepultura Fans Team]
                         [Tolkien forever team]