Re: Dreadful xfer rates and TCPv4 bad checksum in 2.1.1xx with PPP

Benjamin C.R. LaHaise (blah@kvack.org)
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 11:52:46 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Hugo Mildenberger wrote:

> I have the same problem with 2.1.126, but not with 2.0.35.
>
> ifconfig ppp0 shows apprimately 10 RX-Errors per second and also a
> excessive high rate of TX overruns - which may be misleading. May be, that the
> wrong counter is incremented, so these overruns should be read as RX-overruns.

Have you used hdparm -u1 /dev/hda (and others drives as appropriate) to
reduce interrupt latency during disk access? This default *really* needs
to be changed; my Dual P233MMX will still drop packets like crazy if this
isn't done (grrr).

-ben