Re: What use are the MSDOS and UMSDOS filesystems?

Bruce A. Locke (locke98@cs.newpaltz.edu)
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 13:59:58 -0500 (EST)

It's good for situations where you temporarily need more space but can't
get rid of your dos/windows partition yet. Also UMSDOS is a great tool
for beginners. I used to make a small UMSDOS distribution awhile back and
many people were interested in it. Most people liked it because they did
not feel advanced enough to attempt a full blown install and it gave them
an opportunity to see if Linux supported all their hardware. I also got a
couple emails about ppl interested in a UMSDOS dist. in Point of Sale
machines. It would appear that UMSDOS is not worthy of death yet :)