Re: Comments on Microsoft Open Source document

Shalon Wood (dstar@pele.ml.org)
07 Nov 1998 20:21:54 -0600

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

> > I know what you mean about SO5 - it's particularly unstable here (it likes
> > to die and take the entire X server with it. The only recovery for me is
> > the reset button :-()
>
> Thats a bug in some versions of the S3 virge server, use XF86_SVGA with
> the virge instead

Did I misread the docs? I thought the XF86_S3V was being phased out in
favor of the XF86_SVGA server, not that it just happened to work
better due to hardware bugs...

Shalon Wood

--
If breastfeeding a pig is sickening to you, what the hell are you
doing on usenet? -- Aimee, on rec.music.tori-amos