Re: 2.1.127 Ooops on boot w/alpha

Meino Christian Cramer (root@solfire.ludwigsburg.netsurf.de)
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 05:54:30 GMT

From: Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>
Subject: Re: 2.1.127 Ooops on boot w/alpha
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 19:42:18 +0100 (MET)

> On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>
> > Short statement, maybe helpful to find the oopser:
> > On my system (NCR53c815) I have NOT encountered any oops
> > until now -- if SCSI-related, may be it is special for the 810-type?

<...snip...>

> Could you check your config isn't something with DEFAULT_TAGS > MAX_TAGS.
> If it is, it breaks ncr driver 3.1a, and 3.0i was just fortunate not to be
> broken for this config. You just have to fix the config and the beast will
> hopefully purr again as it used to do before.

The appropiate par of the config shows:

CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX=y
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_DEFAULT_TAGS=28
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_MAX_TAGS=28
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_SYNC=10
# CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_PROFILE is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_IOMAPPED is not set
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_SYMBIOS_COMPAT=y

> If it is not the problem, please, send me more information if you have
> some.

Sorry -- there is a misunderstanding (I think...;-):

_I_ have no problems with the driver! All works fine. Sorry if this confusion
is based on my broken English...

> Regards,
> Gerard.

KEEP HACKING!